Monday, February 25, 2008

In the News

Today there was a murder-suicide at the AFB... It's all over the news, but the names have not been released...and will not until tomorrow evening, at the earliest, according to Air Force policy.

But I know who he is... This guy was crazy - absolutely crazy. I knew he was - I tried to tell people, but they wouldn't listen. They just shook their heads and said there was no way. He's too good of a guy...he couldn't do that. Leave him alone...

But he did - He waited until his wife left and then he killed them. In cold blood. He shot his own 8 year-old daughter and 4 year-old son. Then the coward shot himself.

He never faced justice for anything he did - people always let him off. And now when no one could save him from yet another situation he created, he shot himself. I'm sure to avoid justice.

You want my opinion why he didn't shoot the mom (but did the kids) even though he had access, was so mad at her, and wanted the kids in the divorce? Because he knew he couldn't have them and wanted her to suffer...

And tonight, she suffers... Not that listening to me now will do any good...

Tonight, I'm just beside myself - a multitude of emotions I don't quite have grasp of, currently summed up by, "angry, guilt-stricken, and broken." I wish I could interrogate him now...

Why can't people just listen to reason? And why do abused women keep coming back?
(These are rhetorical questions...please don't send me answer messages).

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Man, this is terrible. I will pray for the wife.

cls said...

Yikes. Such bad news.

Anonymous said...

Sickening.

For you, I'll pray that as you process through this, that you'll be able to receive mercy in the knowledge that people make their own decisions, however bad they may be, and you can't hold yourself responsible for that.