Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And this one goes out to Tonya... in Israel!

A few weeks ago, I was "chatting" with Tonya via yahoo messenger - Isn't technology great!??!?! As we were discussing future plans for her and Brent's return to Oklahoma after about 6 months away, I did not realize I knew something Tonya didn't know...

As I made a solemn vow to Tonya that Kris and I (and whomever else wanted to go) would take her to the new Chipotle in Edmond (OKC metro) upon her return, Tonya lost her mind... For those of you who don't know, there is a large Chipotle following in Oklahoma who go out of their way to go to Chipotle every time they are in Texas.... No one had told Tonya they built a Chipotle in Edmond while she was gone! Even during the months of building - no one told her!

So I not only promised to take Tonya to a Chipotle in the OKC metro area, but also to take pictures and send her an electronic Chipotle meal...

Well, we forgot to take the camera when we went for the first time - so we had to make a second trip this Saturday night after Shabbot. (Saturday's are my diet cheat days).

So Tonya - this one goes out to you! Proof there is a Santa Claus - I mean Chipotle...in Edmond.

(Arrival...Chipotle by night)


(See, we didn't pull this picture off the internet, we were there!)


(Kris sends you a fajita burrito...see chipotle cup? Not a fake chipotle burrito!)


(I send you steak tacos - they were out of chicken...again. See, I also have a chipotle cup and paper...)


(Leaving...the Edmond Chipotle sign - in Hampton Village [whatever that is])


There you go Tonya - tacos and a burrito send to you with love...via internet travel.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the fabulous post in my honor! I feel so loved! I am SO EXCITED about CHIPOTLE being in OKC FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they will open one up on the South side soon! But even if they don't...WE ARE FREQUENTING THE NORTH SIDE!!!! Yeah Chipotle!!!
p.s. loved the pics! miss you girls! see you in about a month and a half!

cls said...

i am so jealous right now. little rock needs a chipotle....mmmmmmm....burrito goodness.