Saturday, January 5, 2008

To the Parents of Amber...

Let me start by saying this is more of a rant than anything...

Let me begin:
A couple of days ago I received ANOTHER student loan offer addressed "To the Parents of Amber..." This offer bothers me for a number of reasons:

1. I am not a child; I'm a 27 year-old adult.
2. I have already finished college...twice...where did you get my info recently?
3. My parents didn't pay for my college - nor did they fill out my student loan paperwork...
4. I own this house! My name is on the deed and taxes - do your research!

But sending this "To the Parents of Amber..." doesn't make me want to use your company - it's rather insulting - even if I was in college. I would still be an adult and could check my own mail and fill out my own paperwork - or you could at least really send it to my parents... What a horrible marketing idea...

2 comments:

Kris the Girl said...

So...should I just send my rent checks to your parents?
;)

cls said...

Ugh. How annoying.