Thursday, June 5, 2008

US Air Force - In Big, Big Trouble


"Air Force Secretary Michael W. Wynne, left, and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. T.
Michael Moseley resigned Thursday following a series of high-profile scandals and
disagreements between Air Force leadership and Secretary of Defense
Robert Gates." - Air Force Times, 6 Jun 08


Where to start? Just absolutely disheartening...

You can read the abbreviated story here if you want. Just a crappy end for the top two Air Force officials after a series of misfortunes and failures. And these two are just the beginning... I foresee a lot of open positions and potential early promotions for some high ranking officers in the very near future.

I will say though, that I have been very disappointed with the USAF over the last few years for a number of reasons ranging from crap like "Force Shaping"
to the dealings of Air Force leaders whose actions have been swept under the rug (I won't publicly humiliate them...but I can give you MANY examples). There just seems to be an overwhelming lack of responsibility and accountability. It's not the same USAF it used to be... it's a "kindler, gentler Air Force"...that's going down the crapper.

Force Shaping: Many officers with 2-5 years of service (not to include any fliers, but did include prior enlisted officers with up to 15 years - 5 years from retirement!), many of whom spent four years as cadets earning their commissions, were laid off without any severance packages by senior officials who saw this as the "best idea" for budget cuts.

Anyway, I doubt many of my 4 faithful readers really care about this stuff, so I'll end it here. I just thought I would spread the knowledge - I predict this is just the beginning...

1 comment:

cls said...

Yeah...not gonna lie. The AF kinda sucks :/