Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Race for the Cure - Your Opportunity to Help

Hey everyone (friends and strangers alike)

I will be running in the Denver Susan G. Koman "Race for the Cure" along with my teammates from Buckley AFB on Sunday, 5 Oct. I am running in honor of both of my grandmothers who are survivors...(yes, Mammy).

I have less than 20 days to fundraise before the race - please help me raise money to help find a cure.


Did you know that one in eight women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime? 75% of the funds I raise will be used for breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. 25% of the money will be used for national research to find a cure for breast cancer.

Every $100 raised helps one woman receive a mammogram. A $250 donation will pay for five clinical breast exams, and $1,000 will help pay for one round of chemotherapy drug Taxotere.

It is easy to contribute. You can make a donation online by simply clicking the link below. Click here to visit my personal page and pledge your support!

Thanks!
Amber

2 comments:

Tyly said...

I doubt you remember me, but I remember who you are!! :o)

I also went to ASU, and I knew a lot of people in ROTC (and attended a lot of the events and intramural games). I am good friends with Carlos Morales, and I dated Miguel Colon for a long time (before and during all the Angel drama - lol)... they all spoke very highly of you! :o)

I saw that you are running in the Race for the Cure, and I had to tell you I think that's awesome! I ran in one in Waco, and it was an amazing experience! I wish you the best of luck for such a wonderful cause!

amber said...

Your profile is set to private, but I bet if I knew your full name and saw a picture of you - I'd remember you! I'm pretty good with faces! (not so much names honestly - met a LOT of people through working in the dorms and doing ROTC.)