Tuesday, August 12, 2008

'Tis but a Flesh Wound

Okay, so I had a minor little hand surgery last week... If you don't like mildly gross pictures, this post is not for you.

I apparently had some form of a cyst or something that formed on the tendon of my middle finger - in the palm of my hand. They originally thought it was "Trigger Finger," but alas after surgery, they think it might have just been a weird cystic knot. Who knows?

I thought it would go away, but it didn't and the entire tendon was sore to touch, it was hard to open my hand all the way, or put my hand down flat on anything. Yea for being currently insured!


See the weird knot under my middle finger? Never mind the pen marks on my hand I seem to come home from work with everyday?.?.?


They sent me home looking like a mummy. Of course I'm right handed...and swollen.


My pretty little stitches...very itchy by the way.


Got the stitches out today and steri-strips instead. -And brought home more pen marks :)


The strips didn't last long...the healing mark after one week.

3 comments:

On the Road Again said...

Girl, you need some lotion on that hand. see how dry it is? Ask Reana, she can line you up with something you will like.

amber said...

Kris, did your mom just ask me "if I've ever tried lo-tion?" (lol)

Kris the Girl said...

New blog up - you'll never believe it, I know. But it's true.